MAP TO SKYMONT
Skymont Scout Reservation is located near Altamont in Grundy County, TN.
Download Printable Map
Grundy County, TN has not instituted the 911 address system yet and therefore it is impossible to provide an exact MapQuest map.
MapQuest to start of Cabbage Patch Road
The link below uses GPS to show you the location of our front gate.
MapQuest Link to GPS Position of Skymont
|How to Get to Skymont|
|There are generally two routes to Skymont, from the West via Interstate 24 over Monteagle and from the East via SR-111 across Flat Top Mountain. These directions take the SR-111 route which is probably the best route for scouts North East of Chattanooga. Travel time from the Hixson area is about 1.5 to 1.75 hours.|
- Take US-27 North across Soddy Lake and go left (North) onto SR-111.
Continue on 111 for 25.9 miles, across Flat Top Mountain, the Sequatchie Valley and up Cagle Mountain. SR-127 near Dunlap is at 17.4 miles. From Dunlap, continue on SR-111 for 8.5 miles.
- Turn left (West) onto SR-399 at the Mount Pleasant Congressional Methodist Church. There is a sign for Savage Gulf State Park.
Continue on 399 for 10.8 miles.
- Turn right (North) onto 108 at Layne Funeral Home.
Continue on 108 for 7.2 miles.
- Turn right (North) onto 56 at Stinger Cafe.
Continue on 56 North for 4.8 miles.
- Turn left (North) onto 108 after The Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn.
Note: Don't turn on 108 South before The Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn. If you go by Dollar General, you turned on the wrong road. There is a Skymont sign past The Manor.
Continue on 108 for 5 miles.
- Turn left onto unmarked street after mile marker 23. There is a Skymont sign there as well.
Continue for 3.4 miles.
- Turn right into the Skymont entrance. Unless you are going to the Winter Lodge, stay to the right at the split.